AdventHealth FT-HIM Doc Imaging Spec PRN in Tampa, Florida
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Prepares inpatient medical record documents for real-time scanning, rounds on assigned nursing units up to twice per day, ensuring new documentation added to the medical record is scanned as close to real time as possible.
- Reviews each electronic inpatient and outpatient medical record for completeness, adequacy, and accuracy, according to department policies and procedures.
- Reviews each scanned record for accuracy and clearness of the scanned product.
- Scans all new documentation received and loose paperwork on the nursing units for inpatient and in the HIM department for outpatient records.
- At discharge, ensures patient’s complete, scanned medical record is retrieved from the file cabinet and forwarded to the HIM Department as soon as possible after the discharge of the patient.
- Sets priorities and demonstrates effective organizational skills by optimizing use of time, meeting deadlines, and completing scanning on assigned nursing unit (s) by end of shift each day.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Submits ideas for cost savings to HIM Leadership for departmental or hospital savings.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of computerized information systems.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical record format, and content for all visit types.
- Ability to examine a form and determine its proper placement within the record.
- Knowledgeable of security and confidentiality requirements pertaining to protected health information.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- High School graduate or equivalent with GED
- Basic Computer Data Entry Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.