AdventHealth Histology Technologist Full Time Nights (9:30pm-6am) Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Demonstrate competency in histology laboratory procedures within the scope of practice. Provide all aspects of diagnostic histology procedures based on established standards. Perform testing in a timely manner and ensure department staff adhere to established turnaround time goals.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures. Completes assigned policy and procedure review assignments in a timely manner. Maintains current knowledge of CAP, State of Florida, and Federal regulatory requirements for the clinical laboratory. Complies with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Participates in proficiency testing program as assigned. Ensures that proficiency testing deadlines are met and samples are analyzed in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adheres to policies and procedures for all histology sample receipt and processing. Accession Surgical and Cytology specimens accurately and efficiently, ensuring specimens are correctly labeled and orders are received. Performs all assigned preventative maintenance including appropriate documentation. Preparation, specimen requirements and documentation of send outs and returned materials.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- State of Florida- Histology Technologist
- One year of experience in a histology laboratory setting required AND completion of an accredited histology training program. OR
- Five Years of experience in a histology laboratory setting AND a minimum of 48 continuing education hours
The Histology Technologist processes and prepares tissue and fluid specimens for interpretation by a Pathologist in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform competency-validated procedures ordered by appropriate Medical Staff and Physician. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Histology lab in the absence of a Supervisor or Senior Technologist.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.