AdventHealth Home Health Occupational Therapist PRN Polk County in Tampa, Florida
Occupational Therapist AdventHealth Zephyrhills Polk County
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
PRN Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
· Performs comprehensive initial evaluation on all patients assigned requiring occupational therapy.
· Perform comprehensive home safety evaluation in relation to activities of daily living and communicates specific needs to the physician and the appropriate team members.
· Establish a plan of care with goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential for improvement in conjunction with the patient/family/caregiver and in accordance with the physician’s orders .
· Implement the occupational therapy assessment and care plan, continuously evaluating the patient’s response to program and need for modification.
· Report pertinent observations to attending physician; changing patient care plan as directed.
· Instruct the patient and family in the total occupational therapy program; including self care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence, physical and mental functioning.
· Establish household management routines.
· Participate in the team process through cooperative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provide comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients
· Supervise and plan home health aide activities in absence of other health care professionals.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team member, patients and families.
· Maintains clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
· Prepare and submits schedule daily.
· Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
· Participate in the review process and the agency performance improvement program.
· Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
· Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty.
· Displays flexibility in accepting assignment changes and readily accepts assignment and patient care responsibilities including participation in weekend coverage and call rotation.
· Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
· Complete related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Manager or Director.
· Maintains current driver’s license, automobile insurance and BLS.
What You Will Need:
Graduate of an occupational therapy school approved by the Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association or its equivalent.
Registered by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Minimum of (1) year of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist in an acute or Rehab setting
Executes physician’s orders and notifies physician of necessary updates or changes in a home health patient’s condition. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the individualized occupational therapy care provided to a patient. Responsible for the coordination of care of all assigned patients. Deliver high quality and professional occupational therapy care. Continued employment with the agency is contingent upon your ability to perform job duties as outlined in this job description.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.