AdventHealth Medical Technologist I Part Time Days (9a-5:30p) Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Medical Technologist AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- Day One Benefits
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Demonstrate competency in laboratory procedures within the scope of practice. Provide all aspects of diagnostic laboratory procedures based on established standards. Perform testing in a timely manner and ensure department staff adhere to established turnaround time goals.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures. Completes assigned policy and procedure review assignments in a timely manner. Maintains current knowledge of AABB, CAP, State of Florida, and Federal regulatory requirements for the clinical laboratory. Complies with all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Participates in proficiency testing program as assigned. Ensures that proficiency testing deadlines are met and samples are analyzed in the same manner as patient samples.
- Performs all assigned preventative maintenance, calibration, and quality control testing as scheduled, to include appropriate documentation and review.
- Troubleshoots and documents analyzer problems. Informs onsite lab supervisor and all Nursing units of anticipated delays due to extended downtime.
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation, following infection control guidelines. Ensures department supply levels are maintained in a manner to reduce waste and avoid expenses for “rush” orders.
- Maintains competencies current for all assigned procedures. Completes assigned competency assessments in a timely manner.
- Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab supervisor. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Participates in departmental staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned. Establishes and maintains communications within the department and with other departments.
- Keeps professional license current at all times. Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth. Maintains membership in the appropriate professional organizations.
- Minimum of an Associates’ degree in medical technology or related sciences.
- One year of experience in a laboratory setting required or completion of an accredited medical laboratory training program.
- State of Florida- Medical Technologist License in at least one specialty: Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, and/or Serology. Immunohematology required for staff assigned to Blood Bank department.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.00. Oversees the day-to day operations of various lab sections in the absence of a Supervisor. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.