AdventHealth Nurse Manager Critical Care, PCU & Telemetry FT Days in Tampa, Florida
Nurse Manager Critical Care, PCU & Telemetry AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
- Develops and implements departmental safety program by using Employee Engagement, Safety Attitude Questionnaire (SAQ), Risk Master reports and other data sources.
- Oversees development and implementation of strategies for accomplishing departmental and organizational objectives
- Develops and maintains effective departmental communication through regular staff meetings. Facilitates the flow of information from and to department and administration.
- Fosters an environment of service excellence for patients, families, physicians and community.
- Develops and implements annual budget. Monitors and makes adjustments to meet effective use of budgeted resources.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Registered Nursing upon hire
- Two years of critical care experience upon hire
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or in school pursuing the degree upon hire
- Current Florida RN or ARNP license upon hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI upon hire
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification or RQI upon hire
- NIHSS certification upon hire
- 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire, then annually
The Manager of Critical Care is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating nursing care within area(s) of assigned responsibilities with 24-hour accountability. Manager is responsible for assuring that department safety, quality and fiscal outcomes are achieved. He/she is responsible for assuring departmental staffing supports safety, quality and fiscal outcomes. Manager is also responsible for patient flow/throughput, and coordinating departmental processes, including communication, with those of other hospital departments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.