AdventHealth Nurse Manager MedSurg Telemetry in Tampa, Florida
Nurse Manager AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensures that Unit patient care is provided with clinical competence and in a courteous, professional manner consistent with hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Develops and maintains Unit standards according to State and National Standards.
- Prepares annual operating budget, reviews financial reports weekly, monthly and takes corrective action as needed.
- Ensures Standards are maintained according to State Guidelines
- Works with Hospitals in our service area to promote Unit in community.
What You Will Need:
Incumbents must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Must have working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BS in Nursing
- Two years of experience in a Nursing Supervisory capacity
- Two years Unit Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
MS in Nursing or Business
2 years management with emphasis on operations, clinical compliance, finance and marketing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Active RN Licensure in the State of Florida
- BCLS, PALS, ACLS as required for Nursing Unit
- NIHSS from Know Stroke (NIHSS from American Heart Association will be accepted upon hire, subsequent renewals must be completed through Know Stroke)
Responsiblefor the planning , implementation and management of the assigned Unit. Responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal codes, rules, statutes and regulations pertaining to the operation of the assigned Unit. Assumes responsibility for the management, administration and operation of this service line. This position is responsible for daily department operations, appropriate training and education and on-going supervision of staff. In addition, this position is responsible for the planning and implementation of Unit budgets and program priorities. Physician, staff, community hospitals engagement are Priorities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Carrollwood
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.