AdventHealth Nurse Tech Various Shifts in Tampa, Florida
Nurse Tech AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
• Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
• Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
• Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
• Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
• Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
• Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
• Performs tech checks to assist nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
• Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
What You Will Need:
• High School education or equivalent
• Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program with transcripts providing for successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course materials. , Or,
• Completion of the equivalent of Basic Fundamentals of Nursing, from an accredited Nursing Program.
• Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license validated by Florida Board of Nursing (unless currently enrolled in BSN program with completion of fundamentals of nursing).
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.