All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 770 W GRANADA BLVD, Ormond Beach, 32174
The role you’ll contribute:
The Office Assistant / Billing Specialist represents the practice in the coordination of all patient/physician/therapy/nursing encounters, ensuring appropriate utilization of time and patients' needs are met. This position is also responsible for accurate entry of patient information, financial information, codes and charges for services rendered on a daily basis. In addition, the Office Assistant Billing Specialist is responsible for specialized billing not handled by the Centralized Billing Office
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Has primary responsibility for answering the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, following established policies and procedures
o Identifies her/himself and the practice
o Takes complete and accurate messages
o Properly triages telephone calls in accordance with policy
o If appropriate, transfers calls in a courteous and professional manner
o Delivers messages in a timely manner
o Schedules, cancels, reschedules, etc., appointments as requested
o Is responsible for check-in of patients
· Confirms, adds, deletes, or makes any changes patient’s insurance and/or personal information in Athena to ensure accurate billing.
· Obtains patient signatures on required forms, i.e., Consent for Treatment, as appropriate
· Notifies clinical staff that patient has arrived for appointment
· Registers all patient encounters in EMR and scans in insurance cards.
· Is responsible for check-out of patients:
o Determines the amount due from the patient (co-pay, deductible, percentage, etc.)
o Collects co-pays for treatment and procedures enters payment amount into computer, and issues receipt to patient
o Schedules follow-up appointment and procedures and testing for existing patients.
· Ensures exiting patients feel confident that all of their questions and concerns have been or are in the process of being resolved.
· Takes incoming new patient referrals and schedules appointments as appropriate.
· Maintains the appointment schedule to accommodate physician/therapy/nursing requests and/or other conflicts such as vacations, covering for other facilities, meetings, hospital rounds, surgical procedures on and off site, etc.
· Reschedules patients when physician is unable to meet daily schedule for any reason.
· Calls patients to confirm next day’s appointments. Leaves appropriate messages if unable to reach patient and updates that information into EMR.
· Contacts all “no show” patients in an effort to reschedule.
· If unable to reschedule, provides the patient’s chart to the physician for instructions.
· Advises physician of all patients who cancel but do not reschedule and follows physician’s instructions for disposition.
· Prepares and submits billing and not handled by the Centralized Billing Office.
· Coordinates correspondence and maintain with MSBT as needed.
· If unable to assist patients with financial questions, refers them to the appropriate Centralized Billing Office representative or Social Worker for assistance.
· Posts daily billing charges into EMT.
· Is cross-trained in all financial counseling duties and acts as a substitute as needed.
· Verifies insurance coverage for all new patients.
· Reviews coverage and explains specific patient responsibilities such as deductibles, co-pays, etc. to the patient. All information verified in writing to the patient.
· Reviews the new patient checklist daily to identify self-pay patients.
· Refers patients to MSBST to arrange payment plans including self-pay contracts and time payment agreements, based on patient’s ability to pay, for patients referred from physicians and/or self-referrals.
· On request, provides patients with an estimated quote of charges for services.
· Reviews aging reports to identify delinquent accounts and resolve problem accounts or accounts failing to meet payment plans or financial agreements.
· Verifies proper authorizations from insurance companies for the initial visit, follow up visits, etc.
· Reviews appointment schedule in advance to update and maintain insurance authorizations.
· Resolves financial problems identified by the patient and addresses them in a timely manner.
· Obtains pre-certification and authorization numbers for tests ordered by physicians.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge regarding medical insurance’s coverage policies.
· Provides administrative support for department and staff. Participates in training of new front desk staff and remains competent in appropriate use of computer, etc.
· Is familiar with proper usage of all front office equipment including, but not limited to: phone, fax, copier, label printer, computer, and answering machine.
· Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
· Relieves other staff members for scheduled and unscheduled breaks and absences.
· Prepares and maintains patients’ medical records
· Sort incoming patient medical information, distributes and/or files according to protocol.
· Closes out charts as per the policy and procedure
· Assures that all medical records are properly secured at end of work day
· Processes requests for medical records and information, as assigned, in a timely and accurate manner.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Technical knowledge is needed in the medical insurance billing fields
· Computer proficiency required.
· Small Office Equipment, i.e. copier, fax, proficiency required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduation or equivalent required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years’ experience in a medical office or equivalent with medical terminology, coding, charge entry and payment collection.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Primary Care
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24002747
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Medical Group Primary Care
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.00 - $20.48
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 24002747
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day