AdventHealth Painter/Drywall Finisher Full Time Days in Tampa, Florida
Painter/Drywall Finisher AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth Tampa Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time, Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assures all areas of painting are properly prepared prior to painting by cleaning surfaces and patching damaged and uneven areas.
- Assures that all areas around painting site are protected to ensure no damage occurs. (Report need for wall protection to the Manager of Facilities).
- Paints all areas to acceptable standards and uses only approved facility standards selected colors.
- Maintains accurate records of all rooms painted and colors used, brand, chip number, and color number.
- Maintains par level of needed supplies, such as paints, plaster, sheetrock and/or douro rock, cove base, vinyl or ceramic tiles and other materials needed to complete task assigned on a daily basis.
- Repairs and patches wallpaper as is necessary.
- Remove damaged drywall and wallpaper as is necessary.
- Sprays, brushes, or rolls anti-fungal solution where applicable.
- Skims over where wallpaper was removed and preps for paining or re-wallpapering.
- Installs drywall where damaged drywall was removed and preps for painting or wallpapering, replacement or installation of ceramic tiles, cove base.
- Repair and /or replacement of damaged vinyl floor tiles, transition strips, carpet tile, ceramic floor and wall tiles as needed.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
What You Will Need:
- Four (4) years experience as a painter in an industrial, commercial or institutional setting.
- Preferred High School Diploma
- Knowledge of plastering, sheet rock/Duoro Rock installation, tiling preferred
The Painter / Drywall finisher performs painting, wallpaper repair, wallpaper and drywall removal, and applies anti-fungal solution where applicable, installs drywall, ceramic tiles, vinyl floor covering, vinyl cove base and finishes and skims and preps for paint or wallpapering throughout the facility and out-buildings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.