AdventHealth Patient Placement & Transfer RN Full Time Nights in Tampa, Florida
Patient Placement & Transfer RN Full Time Nights - AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Assists to verify financial arrangements.
- Schedules all admissions with proper and acceptable diagnosis.
- Verifies physician admitting privileges are active.
- Performs screening of patients by diagnosis according to utilization guidelines provided by the PRO prior to admission to appropriately assign bed assignments.
- Relays bed assignments (admissions, transfer, direct admits) to department personnel/receiving nursing units at time of patient’s admission.
- Verifies that patients with same or like names are not placed in the same room.
- Prioritizes admissions/transfers on basis of acuity, services needed by the patient, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with other departments to assure room readiness.
- Processes all admissions, transfers, direct admits, in-house and from other facilities, in a professional and timely manner.
- Participates in Daily census meetings, to establish census- related problems and refers to the Administrative Nursing Supervisor for guidance/advice in admission/transfer/census –related problems.
- Escalates any delays in patient flow to the Administrative Nursing Supervisor on shift.
- Notifies Nursing Supervisor and Administrator on Call for any defer/declined transfers.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, participates in clinical ladder will have additional expectations in this role.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum two years’ clinical experience.
- Must possess the knowledge in medical and allied health services necessary to utilize screening criteria measured against the documented medical record.
- Must be knowledgeable about medical terminology, levels of care, treatment modalities, and the health care delivery system with demonstrated ability to abstract medical information and interpret patient records.
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to relate well with administration, physicians, patients, and other hospital employees.
- BLS, ACLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
- The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
- The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
- The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.