AdventHealth Patient Unit Coordinator Med/Surg Overflow FT Nights in Tampa, Florida
Patient Unit Coordinator AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy and expediency when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
This position will answer all calls using the expression “How may I help you?”
What You Will Need:
Prior related work experience in a healthcare environment that provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Working knowledge of and ability to use personal computer and perform data entry.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to quickly learn and successfully complete a competency skill check off list within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including weekends, nights and overtime as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· High School education or equivalent .
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- HUC Certification
Performs clerical and receptionist duties; patient and family rounding as “Goodwill Ambassador”, computers and work station on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.