AdventHealth Pharmacy Services Director in Tampa, Florida
Director, Pharmacy Services AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
- Determine the objectives of the department, and plan, organize and direct general pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Establish satisfactory methods of drug distribution and control.
- Establish quality specifications for all drugs and chemicals used in the hospital in accordance with the recommendations of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Appropriately recognize organizational lines within the department; keep employees informed of matters affecting their work and interest; interpret and explain hospital and departmental policies and procedures, department objectives, operations, services, organization, budget and seek comments and suggestions form employees.
- Interview, select and supervise the activities of the department staff
- Determine job objectives, work methods and performance standards
- Monitor work schedules and workload statistics. Maintain an appropriate staffing level to ensure that the services and responsibilities of the department are provided in a timely and quality manner. Ensures that overtime does not exceed budget.
- Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy with a Bachelor’s of Pharmacy.
- Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Licensed as a registered pharmacist in the state of Florida.
- Licensed as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
Plans, directs, and monitors all financial, operational, professional, and clinical activities of the department. Implements Policies and Procedures that ensure the pharmacy department provides optimal pharmaceutical services that meet all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements. Ensures that all pharmacy staff is currently licensed /certified/ registered and have adequate Continuing Education credits. Develops competence assessment programs that ensure all pharmacy staff performs all duties and responsibilities with utmost efficiency and safety, as well as complies with all applicable policies, procedures and standards of Florida Hospital Tampa and Adventist Health Systems. Provide hospital staff with timely information relative to new drugs, policies and standards of care that relate to medication use/safety. Keep current with State regulations regarding the practice of Pharmacy and implements changes as necessary to maintain compliance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.