Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group
• Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
• Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
• Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
• Company Discount programs
• Growing Organization
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Complies with Employee Code of Conduct
• Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government regulations
• Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation
• Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital’s Institutional Policies and Procedures
• Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents
• Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospital’s Incident Report Form
• Assists the Department Manager or others in recognizing and reducing risk within the Department or other areas of the Hospital
• Demonstrates FHT PRIDE (Personal Responsibility in Daily Endeavors) by providing courteous service, assisting lost guests, and problem solving to meet special needs or requests
• Creates positive image by demonstrating a professional manner in all encounters
• Takes initiative to identify problems and assist with problem resolution while maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Acknowledges employees, physicians and visitors promptly
• Develops positive working relationships with other functional team/members within the Hospital
• Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur
• Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone
• Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments
• Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care
• Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating Council
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care
• Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Performance Improvement activities and hospital-wide Performance Improvement Coordinating Council (PICC)
• Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and procedures
• Wears name tag identification and is aware of role in minimizing Security incidents
• Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill
• Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in Disaster Drills, as appropriate
• Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and participates in Fire Drills as appropriate
• Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program and how to report malfunctioning equipment
• Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program and the department’s response to utility failure
• Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies and procedures
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families
• Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs
• Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development
· Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self growth and career advancement
· Attends annual mandatory inservice, required meetings and continuing education
• Promotes the hospital image and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians patients, visitors and the community to enhance the hospital’s reputation as a health care center
• Demonstrates evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy
• Provides occupational health to all employees, regardless of age, race or sex. Patient population includes workers of all ages, from adolescence through the geriatric population
• Examines and rechecks patients for medical problems prior to return to work after illness or injury. Plans referrals to physician specialists when indicated
• Incorporates patients work with company’s light duty policy in determining physical fitness for job duty
• Examines and rechecks patients for medical problems prior to return to work after illness or injury. Returns patients to their job as soon as medically advisable
• Assists Medical Director with development and ongoing revision of medical policies and procedures
• Assures that continued medical care remains within the UCH provider clinic unless a change is authorized by the MCC-PCP
• Works with the MCC-PCP to assure that all referrals for specialty care by MCC-PCP are made within the participating network providers unless specific care is not available in that network
• Assists Medical Director in review of data for Quality Improvement
• Produces appropriate medical records
• Assists Medical Director in the implementation and management of the Quality Assurance
• The PA’s role, scope of practice and legal requirements
• Provider’s specialty area as it applies to Occupational Medicine.
• Scope of prescriptive and dispensing authority
• Medical terminology.
• Laboratory practices and procedures.
• Principles and medical practices in an Occupational Practice.
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Occupational and safety hazards
• Communicable diseases and their control and treatment.
• Physical assessment and analysis
• Problem solving and documentation
• Initiating the appropriate emergency response
• Performing or ordering and interpreting routine diagnostic laboratory tests.
• Working with diverse individuals and cultures.
• Handling a number of tasks simultaneously.
• Translating health information to patients.
• Assisting or consulting with physicians
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· As required for licensure
· Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant studies.
· Combination education and experience that will provide the knowledge, skill and ability to demonstrate the following:
· Recognize the signs and symptoms of disease, while understanding their relationship to each other.
· Obtain, organize and construct a patient data base which accurately describes the information available for a given patient at a given point in time.
· Develop a problem list from the patient data base.
· Apply problem-solving techniques on clinical situations.
· Manage common health problems with physician supervision.
· Communicate empathetically with patient and knowledgeably with the physician.
· Competently perform technical procedures.
· Obtain brief, as well as comprehensive, patient histories, with an emphasis on occupation and exposure.
· Perform complete or focused physical examination as indicated.
· Select appropriate diagnostic studies in the evaluation of patients.
· Identify the potential relationship between patient symptoms and occupational/environmental exposures.
· Diagnose and manage occupational//environmental illnesses and injuries, with the use of consultants in related disciplines when indicated.
· Identify non-occupational/environmental factors that may contribute to occupational/environmental disease or injury.
· Refer and follow up or manage patients with serious occupational or environmental injuries and illnesses.
· Elicit patients’ concerns about exposures and establish a therapeutic alliance incorporating risk communication.
· Report all findings to affected individuals and pertinent information to organizations and employers as appropriate (considering medical confidentiality issues), advocating for the health and safety of patients and employees.
· Evaluate and treat medical conditions commonly seem in an OEM practice.
· Apply clinical practice guidelines in one’s practice.
· Identify and apply preventative strategies to decrease injuries and illnesses.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Florida Physician Assistant License
• Must obtain and maintain BLS
Provides medical treatment under the supervision of the attending physician for University Community Hospital employees and the employees of client area corporations. This medical care will be provided within the frame work of the hospital’s medical staff and the Occupational Health Service department’s policies and procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23021201
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 3000 MEDICAL PARK DR
Pay Range: $50.523 - $75.785
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23021201
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day