AdventHealth Production Cook Full Time Days Weekends Carrollwood in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
- Performs all work on production sheets in a timely fashion so as to meet meal deadlines.
- Uses correct taste-test methods during food preparation, portioning out small amounts to taste.
- Opens kitchen.
- Unlocks coolers.
- Turns on ovens, steamer, warmer, plate and hot boxes.
- Retrieves production sheets each morning.
- Reviews and follows production sheets for preparation of meats, starches and breakfast items for all diets.
- Adheres to portion control by using proper utensils for measurement, scales and standardized recipes.
- Obtains stock from store room or coolers in order to set up for menu prep.
- Prepares all Café, Doctors’ Dining, and special hot menu items for patient meal service.
- Sets up hot food areas of Café according to established diagram layouts.
- Keeps in constant communication with tray line supervisor in order to ensure food items are available and provide assistance as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
Safety and Sanitation Duties
- Wears name tag identification.
- Maintains personal hygiene and neatness according to departmental standards.
- Performs proper handwashing techniques according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes gloves according to departmental standards.
- Uses hair restraints according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes clean aprons, towels, and bleach and sanitation buckets as needed.
- Ensures that utensils and equipment are clean prior to using.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment after each use and between different food items.
- Wipes up spills after they occur in order to avoid accidents.
- Cleans cook boxes, coolers, kettles, steamers, ovens, and production area daily.
- Uses correct cutting boards and sanitizes them between usage.
- Covers and dates food when storing to ensure freshness and safety.
- Checks all canned goods for damage and expiration date.
- Ensures hot food temperatures are within safe range and records temps at time of replenishing any food items.
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients and customers.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient and/or customer satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least 2 years’ experience in cooking in an institutional setting.
- ServSafe certification
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
To perform duties related to the preparation of food supportive of the department operation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.