AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Clinical Research - Full Time Days - Tampa (Pepin) in Tampa, Florida
Registered Nurse Clinical Research AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordination and planning of budgets, people and time management
- Protocol evaluation and feasibility including budget evaluation
- Clinical trial preparation involving the planning, assembling and instruction of the trial team, development and evaluation of patient information and informed consent forms and patient recruitment
- Regulatory and ethical submissions and procedures and communicating with relevant authorities
- Implementation of the clinical trial from initiation through the stages of development documents, SOPs, tools, organization facilities and licenses
- Recruitment and co-ordination of the trial subjects covering informed consent, screening and inclusion of the subjects adhering to safety and compliance issues
- Co-ordination and management of the clinical trial, communication with sponsor and authorities, visit coordination, sampling, time management and product accountability
- Data collection and management, collection of source documents, using and developing CRFs, registration and management AEs, filing and archiving, managing monitoring visits, dealing with queries
- Close-out of the clinical trial, contributing to research article, audit preparation, trial closure, communication with authorities and other disciplines involved, assisting in the final study report and completing financial obligations.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Related experience demonstrating the appropriate competencies and skills for the job and clinical setting.
- Research experience including awareness of FDA / OHRP / ICH / GCP Guidelines and relevant state and federal regulatory/statutory guidelines.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Certification by ACRP or SoCRA or obtain within 3 years of hire
- Clinical research coordinators and Clinical research nurses focus on the care of research study patients with regard to each study's safety and protocol. They communicate with patients to ensure they maintain informed consent. They ensure all data is accurately documented, such as patient vitals and times medications were administered. They are essential to the operation of the clinical studies and must be available to patients, patients' families and investigators to answer questions at any time. They strive to advocate for their patients while ensuring the integrity of the clinical research study. They will deliver the highest standard of care to all patients involved in clinical trials and, where relevant, their families, in partnership with all members of the multidisciplinary and research teams. Supports all aspects of medical decision making pertaining to the recruitment, enrollment, management and retention of individuals in IRB approved clinical trials. Responsible for compliance with the entire scope of good clinical practice, protection of human subjects in research, regulatory compliance set out in FDA, OHRP, HIPPA, state and local regulatory bodies pertaining to the conduct of clinical research. The candidate should possess knowledge and insight into legal and regulatory matters concerning clinical research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.