AdventHealth Registered Nurse Critical Care Mobile Pool Nights PRN Tampa-$45/hour in Tampa, Florida
Registered Nurse Critical Care Mobile Pool Nights PRN Tampa-$45/hour AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations with the assistance of health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Completes documentation per organizational policy.
- Ensures safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
- Responds with confidence and adapts to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and efficient during stressful situations.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- 1-year experience in acute care (med/surg or PCU), AND 1-year experience in critical care level
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification
- NIHSS stroke certification within 30 days of hire
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
- The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
- The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
- The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.