AdventHealth Registered Nurse ICU Training Program FT Days or Nights Available Altamonte Springs in Tampa, Florida
Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Up to $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Location Address: 601 E Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
AdventHealth’s Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is for the Experienced RN who is interested in transitioning into an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) from another specialty. This 6-8 week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor.
- Full-time paid internship and nursing position
- Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
- Shift flexibility desired as shifts are not guaranteed
- Two-year contract required
Candidates that receive job offers by the acceptance deadline (below) are able to start in any of the program dates that follow. Below shows our available program dates beginning 2021.
Acceptance Deadlines and Start Dates
April 14, 2021
May 26, 2021
June 23, 2021
May 3, 2021
June 14, 2021
July 12, 2021
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents.
- As the largest satellite campus within the Altamonte System, AdventHealth Altamonte Springs has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973.
- The 393-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
- Want to see what it’s like to work with us? Click here (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=321038) for a virtual tour of our Altamonte Springs campus!
Our team of nurses and doctors use a multi-disciplinary collaborative approach to treat our highly acute patient population.
- 28 bed unit featuring modalities such as CRRT, Balloon Pump, and therapeutic hypothermia.
- We pride ourselves on having a team that treats each other like family and is always supportive.
- We support and encourage continuing education, certifications, and professional growth.
Work Hours/Shifts: Full-time, Days (7am – 7pm) or Nights (7 pm – 7 am)
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Nursing Process: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect.
- Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes.
- Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards.
- Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
- Documentation: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time.
- Professional Development: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing.
What Will You Need:
Education and Experience Required
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Ability to work as a team player within a unit
- Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- EKG competency testing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required
- Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred
- Professional certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses during the training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.