All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full time
Shift : Days
Location: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Carrollwood
· Family-like culture
· Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
· Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
The role you’ll contribute:
The RN Care Manager in collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, nurses, physicians and the interdisciplinary team, ensures patient-centered care coordination and progression through the continuum of care. The RN Care Manager ensures efficient and cost-effective care through appropriate resources monitoring, and clinical care escalations. The RN Care Manager is under the general supervision of the Care Management Supervisor or Manager and is responsible for patient evaluations of post-hospital needs; development of a transition of care plans and initiation of the implementation of the transitions of care plans prior to the discharge of the patient. The RN Care Manager is responsible for optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety, readmission prevention and length of stay management. The RN Care Manager communicates daily with the interdisciplinary team during daily multidisciplinary rounds. Care coordination, discharge planning, transitions of care planning and understanding of medical necessity are core competencies of this role.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Completes Initial Evaluation for transition of care needs on all identified patients within one calendar day of admission and documents according to policies and procedures. Interviews patient and involved care givers (as permitted by the patient) as well as a review of the current and past inpatient and outpatient medical record in the Initial Evaluation.
· Reviews necessary patient information including labs, medications (Pre and post hospital), History and Physical, Therapy notes, ED notes, test results and progress notes.
· Incorporates the patient/family care goals and preferences as much as possible into the transition of care planning and communicates these goals and preferences to the multidisciplinary team.
· Incorporate clinical, social and financial factors into the transition of care plan.
· Meets with patient/families to discuss realistic and appropriate discharge options and providers of post-hospital care.
· Incorporates social determinants of health into transitions of care planning and applies risk mitigation interventions to meet the individual needs of each patient
· Identifies and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and hospital operations to resolve potential barriers to transition of care plan achievement.
Ensures patient notifications are provided and documented in a timely manner for compliance: Important Medicare Letters (IML), Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON), Patient Choice, and Beneficiary Notice Letter (BNL).
· Communicate with patient/family the possible need to pay for services out of pocket.
· Ensures primary care physician identification and scheduling of follow-up PCP and specialist appointments for post-hospital follow up care.
· Ensures discharge disposition accuracy and consistency in the EMR on all discharge patients.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· ADN, RN
· Two (2) years of hospital nursing experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Health-related Master’s degree or MSN
· Prior Care Management/Utilization Management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· State specific RN license
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· ACM/CCM Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Carrollwood
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039208
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $34.051 - $51.076
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23039208
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day