All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Respiratory Pediatric Critical Care Specialist performs all necessary respiratory care procedures associated with complex Pediatric critically-ill patients and advanced pediatric critical care modalities, and is a specialist in the Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care settings. This specialist is able to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team and supports and provides direction for evidence-based practice through patient care protocols (prescriber care plans). This specialist provides & utilizes advanced respiratory care modalities & applications to provide high acuity therapeutic interventions and assessments and develops patient care plans that are focused on disease management of the critically ill pediatric and neonatal patients. He/she applies the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients, and families.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assessment, stabilization, and treatment of neonates/pediatric patients according to policies, procedures and protocols established for respiratory services at AHT.
· Properly performs hemodynamic procedures to include assembly and calibration of arterial lines, assisting with pulmonary artery catheter insertion, calibration; performs cardiac output and hemodynamic/cardiopulmonary profiles. May perform arterial/venous cannulation (inclusive of radial artery, umbilical artery and umbilical vein) under direct supervision, or independently after completion of documented competency.
· Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and new orientee staff precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists. Serves as a consultant/resource for Pediatric Emergency department respiratory patients.
· Supports hospital and department mission, goals, and department metrics.
· Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Graduate from an accredited Respiratory Care program by the National Board of Respiratory Care is required.
· AAS or AS is required.
· Minimum of two years neonatal and/or pediatric critical care clinical experience in acute care setting required.
· Current Florida State License as a RRT/Registered Respiratory Therapist.
· Current National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) credential for NPS Neonatal Pediatric Specialist required to obtain within 6 months of employment
· American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required.
· American Academy of Pediatrics NRP certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24001401
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Tampa
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $27.97 - $41.96
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 24001401
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 1 - Day