AdventHealth RN Operating Room Clinical Educator Full Time Days in Tampa, Florida
RN Operating Room Clinical Educator AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time, Day shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- ASSESSMENT: Facilitates annual education needs assessment for department. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing professional development practice. Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience and the learner needs.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Develops programs for unit or group specific, based on identified educational needs or staff/nursing leadership requests. Identifies the general purpose and educational objectives for each learning activity as evidenced by clearly defined objectives and purpose for the learning activity. Identifies expected outcomes that incorporate scientific evidence and are achievable through implementation of evidence-based practices. Provides learning activities for clinical staff at least 4 times per year as evidenced by competency skills fairs, orientation classes, in-services, Resource Nurse training, and continuing education programs. Develops creative educational offering for nursing staff, focused on cultural diversity and sensitivity and participates in the implementation. Presents an educational program or in-service with focus on safe practice of nursing.
- RESEARCH/EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE: Analyzes content of educational materials for best-practice or evidence based practice. Participates in and uses evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving professional development activities, nursing practice and patient outcomes. Participates in research activities appropriate to level of education and experience. Leads a team or committee in the development of an evidence-based protocol or program, either within area of specialty or organization wide. Supports the safe practice of nursing by providing expertise in the review and revision or writing of new policy /procedure/protocol.
- EVALUATION: Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop activities to facilitate learners’ achievement of the educational objectives. Ensures that the planned educational activities are achieved as evidenced by development of course outlines and curriculum. Conducts a comprehensive evaluation of the education/program activity. Evaluates effectiveness of activity and makes appropriate changes to ensure objectives are achieved. Uses the results of evaluation analysis to make or recommend process or structural changes, including policy, procedure, protocols, or documentation.
- Facilitates unit based or organizational competency validation, specific to cultural/spiritual needs, by developing skill content to be tested or acts as content expert and validates competency.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Attends continuing education programs as needed. Maintains own educational/nursing knowledge in order to assure education delivered is of the highest quality.
- COMPASSION BEHAVIORS: Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests. Demonstrates honesty and fairness in all that they do and accepts accountability for their actions. Recognize and anticipate the needs of others and go beyond their job to exceed expectations of those we serve. Greets everyone they encounter with a smile, using caring tone during conversations, and makes frequent and appropriate eye contact. Use common courtesy practices such as helping lost individuals, saying please and thank you, and knocking on a patient's door before entering. Proactively support a culture of safety and quality. Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and non-verbal communication. Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers. Display support in organizational decisions in their communication and actions. Refrains from gossiping and spreading rumors. Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate teamwork.
What You Will Need:
Knowledge of educational assessment, planning, evaluation, outcomes.
Two Years education experience desired.
Two Years Surgical Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Certificate in Education preferred
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida or Licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR)
Plans, teaches, and evaluates programs for perioperative staff. Responsible for orientation development, implementation, and evaluation. Participates in organizational teams and committees that plan, evaluate and implement educational offerings and programs that promote increased skill, knowledge, and professional development. Provide expertise in the development of educational offerings and implementation of educational programs. Acts as liaison to local schools of nursing and provides input for student clinical experiences. Participates in and uses evidence-based practice and research to promote professional development.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.