All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Nights
Location: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Security Officer II performs security service duties through professional and positive interaction with the public, patients, employees and administrators. Responds to a variety of calls; provides assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations. Investigates and documents (both electronically and written) safety hazards, incidents and criminal activities. Patrols designated areas to ensure the protection of the public, patients, employees and property of AdventHealth. Is accountable to the department’s chain of command for initiative, judgment and general competence exhibited in the performance of assignments, calls for service, and day-to-day general duties. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Position requires completion and clearance from physiological and physical fitness screenings.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Proactively patrols assigned areas and performs all security related tasks, ensuring life safety standards are maintained. Investigates suspicious activity or persons. Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to Security Operations Center and keeps Supervisor apprised of unusual activities and events. Responds to events of varying degrees of vulnerability, including high vulnerability such as life-threatening events, natural disasters
• Participates in activities not directly related to Security operations as approved by Security Management. These may include transport and release of bodies from the morgue; patient escort; elevator recall checks; monthly fire extinguisher, panic alarm, and intercom checks; and special event setups
• Acknowledges and responds appropriately to emergency, non-emergency and alarm calls as assigned. Uses good judgment to safely determine the alarm cause, takes appropriate action and/or provides the proper assistance and direction in both emergency and non-emergency situations
• Administers initial first aid as appropriate and to the level of training attained
• Learns applicable systems and responds to fire alarms at facilities during actual alarms and drills. Conducts helicopter fire prevention assessment and provides emergency response to helicopter fires. Maintains appropriate communication with Supervisors, fellow Officers and Security Operations Center to report crimes, incidents and safety related irregularities
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
High School Grad or Equiv
Applicable state driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy
International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Training certification or equivalent certification within six months of hire
Meets departmental testing (Mental, Physical, etc.) if applicable to facility
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Schedule: 3 - Night
Shift: AdventHealth Tampa
Req ID: 22027331
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.