All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The role you’ll contribute:
financial services for the Florida Hospital West Florida Region facilities are centralized for the region within the Central Accounting Office (CAO); thus, the Senior Accountant performs separate functions for as many as six (6) different hospitals as well as a large employed physician group (Florida Hospital Physician Group). Service Level Agreements between the CAO and the Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) of each hospital define the scope of services performed and the performance expectations. A monthly CAO Finance Scorecard is distributed to communicate performance on key metrics.
The Senior Accountant must possess the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment that requires strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work interactively with other team members while meeting multiple deadlines and communicating effectively with multiple bosses is also necessary for success. Expectations of accuracy, completeness and timeliness in this environment are typically at a 95% or higher threshold on Senior Finance approved scorecard measures. The Senior Accountant should also possess an enhanced project management skillset for dealing with specific functions of the CAO that include Fixed Assets, Foundation, Reimbursement, Cash, Tax, and Government Reporting.
The Senior Accountant routinely analyzes, compiles and summarizes data using deductive reasoning skills in response to the needs of the AVP/Controller, Chief Financial Officers and finance leaders (from each campus), AHS Corporate leaders, consultants, and external auditors (financial/governmental).
The Senior Accountant prepares accurate general ledger accounting entries and reconciliations for both Net Revenue and Expense accounts and assists with the valuation of net revenue for multiple hospital A/R systems (including Star, Siemens, and Lawson), physician A/R (NextGen), and home health A/R (Horizon). The Senior Accountant also prepares balance sheet account entries with similar expectations for accuracy, timeliness and completion.
The Senior Accountant follows AHS corporate standard methodologies to record and support net revenue and expense entries such that the CAO receives favorable scorecard results when reviewed periodically by AHS Corporate including internal audit, cash management, and reimbursement reviews. This position also supports an effective and efficient annual external audit for each of the facilities we serve.
The Senior Accountant works collaboratively with Adventist Health System Corporate departments, the patient financial services staff, and other departments in the multihospital accounting office to meet governmental filing requirements including (but not limited to) filing the Medicare cost reports, Medicaid cost reports, the AHCA annual reports, and the IRS 990 annual reports for each facility. This position also supports financial audits and governmental audits/desk reviews associated with the filed cost reports.
As a senior staff person in a centralized, multihospital finance department, the position is responsible for fostering a professional, pleasant work environment and moving through assignments with velocity and precision. The Senior Accountant proactively partners with the management to continuously improve processes in a fast paced environment with many important projects running concurrently.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Works independently with minimal effort to explain assignments and minimal need for oversight.
· Prepares, records and analyzes monthly and year-end closing journal entries related to revenue, contractuals and cash activity for non-interfaced A/R.
· Prepares, records and analyzes monthly and year-end closing journal entries related to expenses, accruals, and reclasses.
· Prepares, records and analyzes monthly and year-end closing journal entries related to balance sheet accounts including cash activity, inter-company transfers, fixed assets and liabilities.
· Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations monthly; resolves variances in a timely manner in accordance with CAO Finance Scorecard expectations; coordinates the review of those reconciliations by assembling a balance sheet binder for each entity; provides detailed analyses and reviews and defends balance sheet account reconciliations periodically with CFO.
· Works with AHS Cash Reconciliation Management (CRM) to research open items and variances identified in bank account reconciliations.
· Utilizes AHS standard methodologies to calculate allowances for third party contracts, bad debt, and charity for hospital and non-hospital A/R and to calculate expense accruals.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
a. Required knowledge includes:
a. General accounting principles and procedures applied in a complex medium to large corporate environment
b. Intermediate proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel and Word
b. Required skills include:
a. Senior level general ledger accounting.
a. Project management such that objectives are clearly defined, actions are executed according to a plan, updates are communicated systematically to manager, and intended results are achieved in a timely fashion.
a. Organizational—systematic approach to work and electronic/paper document management, use of time, management of multiple assignments.
a. Balance Sheet Reconciliations including researching and proposing resolution to outstanding variances.
a. Communication—both oral and written—clear, courteous and professional.
a. Analytical—evaluate and assimilate large quantities of information to support a meaningful conclusion.
a. Team building and collaboration.
b. Competency in using Microsoft Excel Pivot tables, macros, lookup functions and subtotals.
a. Competency in setting up Monarch models.
a. Able to consistently:
i. Pay close attention to detail and follow-through on tasks and multiple projects to completion.
ii. Learn quickly, including multiple information systems and organizational specific closing methodologies.
iii. Receive general instructions and execute work independently.
iv. Influence peers and coworkers such that work atmosphere is enhanced by positive outlook and solution oriented focus in conversations.
v. Focus, manage emotions, and perform well in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Health care specific accounting principles and procedures.
· Lawson and AS400 (Series) General Ledger Financial Systems.
· Healthcare specific governmental reimbursement and regulatory principles including but not limited to a working knowledge of Medicare cost reporting.
· Experience in preparation and filing of external tax reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Bachelor of Science in Accounting (depending on relevant work experience may be Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Accounting, Finance or Business Management)
· At least five (5) years progressive experience in corporate general accounting services including financial statement closing responsibilities.
· Reconciled balance sheet accounts to satisfaction of senior management, regulators, and/or auditors.
· Prepared schedules and gathered information used by senior management or for regulatory reporting.
· Performed analytical reviews of financial statement results and determined root cause of budget variances or monthly trend fluctuations.
· Participated in measurable performance improvement of finance department function, process, or team effectiveness.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23030251
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 3100 E FLETCHER AVE
Pay Range: $28.8128 - $43.2192
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23030251
Job Family: Accounting/Finance
Shift: 1 - Day