AdventHealth Social Worker MSW in Tampa, Florida
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to assess the psychological, social, environment and financial impact of illness and hospitalization on the patient/family, identifying age-specific needs adapting interventions accordingly.
- Communicates with patient/parent/family regarding health issues and/or concerns based on their level of comprehension, understanding and readiness to learn.
- Facilitates determination of capacity of patients when questionable, initiating and following through guardianship proceedings when necessary.
- Provides counseling regarding advance directives when requested.
- Provides education for nursing and other staff on psychosocial issues such as emotional impact of various illnesses, domestic violence, advance directives, cultural considerations, development issues, etc.
- Master degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school of social work
- One year post-Master's degree attainment experience in counseling, or health care-related social work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills required.
- PC application familiarity (i.e., electronic medical record documentation, Word Processing, spreadsheet interpretation)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.