Surgery Equipment Tech II AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days. M-F shift will be 5x8.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Support Operating Room Associates with troubleshooting surgical equipment.
· Participates in departmental QI projects including, but not limited to laser logs, equipment audits, capital purchases, asset lists and other reviews.
· Plays an interictal part of the OR’s equipment education by providing information to Manager on educational needs to better support OR staff.
· Ensures that all equipment needs are met for each surgical case, making all attempts to have equipment ready for each case to increase departmental efficiency.
· Communicates all equipment needs and safety concerns with leadership and coordinators
· Maintains unit supply and equipment inventories as indicated.
· Assists with the assembly of Operating Room equipment
· Cleans surgical areas and equipment using established cleaning processes within required timeframes.
· Adheres to standards of universal precautions.
· Assists Operating Room staff in the smooth transition between surgical cases.
· Coordinates with Materials and Biomed department for equipment pick up and drop off.
· Is responsible for equipment placement for each OR, medium knowledge of use for trouble shooting
· Storing and wiring a room (Robot eq, Towers, all plug and play equipment)
· Knowledge and understanding of correct power utilization for circuits per OR
· Knowledge setting up non power and powered equipment such as beds, attachments, tabletops, fracture tables and others
· Maintains documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
· Provides technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
· Assists with in-service educational programs on use of equipment.
· Set up of any clinical equipment cart including video and Endo cart.
· Adheres to all AHS and Surgical Services Policy’s
· Other duties as deemed necessary by department Manager or Supervisor.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Powered and non-powered Perioperative equipment and instruments including surgical beds and stretchers, anesthesia machines, positioning devices and hazardous waste/contaminated supplies and equipment handling
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One or more years of experience troubleshooting and maintaining technical equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Three or more years’ experience in hospital or specialized department setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
· DaVinci Robot handling
· Understanding of compressed gas system, video routing, electrical and circuit demands
· Understanding of sterile field
· Procedure, Surgeon preferences and preference cards understanding
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
As a member of the Surgery team, the Surgery Equipment Technician performs duties in partnership with BioMed to ensure timely PMs on all surgical equipment. Primary duties include troubleshooting of clinical, medical, electronic and microprocessor-controlled equipment. Maintains safety standards in all work activities. Provides team support to meet departmental objectives and goals. Complies with regulatory agency standards in performance of all job duties. Participates in Quality Improvement Program. Maintains up-to-date records on equipment, as appropriate. Communicates with leadership and team members regarding work and equipment status.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Tampa
Req ID: 21028414
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.