AdventHealth Surgical Nursing Assistant Full Time Days Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Surgical Services Nurse Assistant AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with maintaining a clean and stocked environment.
· Assist in the transport to and from Surgical Services.
· Routinely run for equipment and supplies.
· If assigned to OR, assists with the positioning and prepping of Surgical Patients as well as setting up/ opening & tearing down/decontaminating OR suits.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of all surgical supplies and equipment.
· Basic medical terminology.
· Basic understanding of procedures performed, medical equipment, beds, positioning devices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Enrolled in a surgical tech course
· 1 year experience in an Operating Room
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· BLS - American Heart Association
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION:
i.e. vision, values, etc.
· Hospital required
· Conduct themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times.
· Demonstrate patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior.
· Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
· Practice financial responsibility.
· Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
· Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital Institutional Policies and Procedures.
· Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care in the assigned unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Surgical Services standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.