AdventHealth Team Lead Registered Nurse PCU Cardiovascular Unit FT Days in Tampa, Florida
Team Lead Registered Nurse PCU Cardiovascular Unit AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Educates staff as to their affirmative duty to report incidents, the necessity of such reporting and proper mechanisms of incident reporting.
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Prepares daily shift assignments, which distributes personnel equitably and appropriately to match the needs of patients with skill of nursing staff.
- Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
The Team Leader supervises, coordinates and performs patient care delivery on assigned nursing unit and meets Standards of Nursing Care for assigned shift. Is responsible for coordinating and planning assigned shift activities to ensure standards of patient care are met. Acts as a clinical resource and role model. Participates in conducting performance appraisals for personnel on assigned shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.