AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant AdventHealth FT Days Palm Harbor $3000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Certified Medical Assistant AdventHealth FT Days Palm Harbor
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with doctor, personnel, lab and radiology companies to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
- Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses all doctors’ requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists doctor.
- Maintains timely communication with patients re: surgery, scripts, testing.
- Prevents casual overtime at all times and completes work in a timely manner.
- Assists in controlling supplies and maintains inventory weekly.
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage responsibilities.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification, American Medical Technologist (AMT) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or National Association for Healthcare Professionals (NAHP). This must be obtained within 90 days from the date of employment.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.