AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant- AdventHealth North Pinellas FT Days in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Certified Medical Assistant- AdventHealth North Pinellas FT Days
Location Address: Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with doctor, personnel, lab and radiology companies to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
- Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses all doctors’ requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists doctor.
- Maintains timely communication with patients re: surgery, scripts, testing.
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate legible documentation of patient medications and messages, sample meds, and pharmacy documentation.
- Identifies problems that may affect patient safety and efficiency in department.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma/equivalent.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- American Association CMA /RMA Registered or Certified from a recognized Medical Assistant Program. This must be obtained within 90 days from the date of employment.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Competent in basic patient work-up for examination.
- Good medical knowledge to assist doctor during patient exams.
- Ability to keep process and patient flow on time; competent with basic patient work up.
- Current basic computer skills, data input.
- Good business office organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to change.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- One or more years’ experience in physician office or clinical setting.
- Completion of accredited course in Medical Assisting.
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.