AdventHealth Certified Nursing Assistant PCU FT Nights-North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
* Certified Nursing Assistant AdventHealth North Pinellas*
* Location Address:* 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
* Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas*
- Great Culture
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
* Work Hours/Shift:*
Full time Nights
up to $1000 sign on bonus
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served.Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient.Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed relative to his or her age specific needs.Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedure for the following age groups:
Adolescent:13 years to 17 yearsAdult:18 years to 64 yearsGeriatric:-65+ years
Maximum amount of heavy physical labor, lifting, pulling, standing and walking.
The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
Assumes direct patient care responsibilities to assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner.
Keeps patient rooms and work area safe, uncluttered and neat at all times.
Reports all unusual occurrences and changes in patient status to the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
Answers patient call lights immediately.
Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
Actively participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary performance improvement activities.
Accepts extended responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Charge Nurse/Nurse Leader/House Manager/Director
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient at basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
High school diploma or equivalent.
Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Training Program and/or completion of
first semester of RN program.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse, assumes responsibility for direct patient care.Through knowledge and assessment of the individual patient, provides patient care in a clean and safe environment.Reports patient needs and changes in the patient status to the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth North Pinellas
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.