AdventHealth Mammography Technologist PRN (Mostly Day Shift) North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Mammography Technologist AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
PRN (Mostly Day Shift) covering vacations and call outs
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required in collecting and documenting data related to physical, psychosocial and developmental stages.
- Communicates with patient/family regarding procedural issues and/or concerns based on level of comprehension, understanding and readiness to learn.
- Maintains a safe environment utilizing appropriate equipment and safety devices, based on patient’s age and level of cognition.
- Performs mammographic procedures utilizing approaches and equipment appropriate to patient’s age and size.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret age specific data; plan and implement radiological procedures based on interpretation of findings.
- Provides educational support based on patient’s procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills of radiation safety parameters pertinent to the procedure.
- Positions and Handles Patients in a Professional Manner
- Addresses patients by their proper name.
- Helps patients in and out of wheelchair.
- Addresses patient comfort and privacy at all times
- Transports patients to and from room as needed
- Reviews previous mammogram prior to exam for possible comparison.
- Consults with Radiologist and/or referring physician concerning screening vs. diagnostic examinations.
- Must obtain outside films for comparison when needed
- Handles patients with care and patience
- Selects Proper Positioning and Technical Factors to obtain Satisfactory Studies
- Selects proper technical factors, film size, and compression to obtain optimal radiographs
- Maintains equipment cleanliness.
- Makes any other adjustments necessary to obtain quality images.
- Performs a Wide Range of Procedures
- Assists the Radiologist in the performance of needle localization.
- Performs breast specimen exams, follows up with Radiologist and calls report to Surgeon.
- Provides Mammographic procedures to all patients regardless of age, sex and race. Patient population includes patients of ages from adolescent through the geriatric population.
- Responsible for Quality Control Performance
- Recognizes and reports malfunctions in equipment to the Imaging Services Manager
- Verifies correct patient identification.
- Places proper patient identification and technologist identification on mammography images
- Is capable of recognizing acceptable image quality.
- Must be familiar with MQSA standards.
- Must attend required continuing education courses
- Follows Radiation Protection Guidelines
- Wears TLD badge daily.
- Utilizes gonadal shielding when appropriate.
- Uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations.
- Reviews monthly radiation exposure reports.
What You Will Need:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
- ARRT Mammography
Responsible for performing acceptable mammographic examinations, utilizing proper technique and positioning with proper personal and patient radiation protection.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth North Pinellas
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.