AdventHealth Medical Technologist PRN Palm Harbor ER in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Medical Technologist PRN AdventHealth Palm Harbor ER
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- Performs all testing for patients of all ages, from newborn through the geriatric populations according to SOPs.
- Runs, releases and troubleshoots QC according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs departmental preventative maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoots instrument malfunctions and performs minor repairs.
- Exercises independent judgement in resolving unexpected, discrepant or critical value results.
- Works with supervisory staff to recommend and implement new procedures or policy changes.
- Performs computer function associated with the job tasks.
- Performs laboratory proficiency surveys conforming to regulatory agency requirements.
- Reviews work performed by Technicians as required.
- Associates Degree in the sciences or possess completed coursework as required by CLIA for a Medical Technologist.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Technologist/Technician training program.
- Licensed as a Medical Technologist by the State of Florida.
Performs the various chemical, hematological, microscopic, immunological and microbiological tests using manual and automated platforms. Issues blood and blood products. Performs the day-to-day operations of various lab sections in the absence of a Coordinator or other management. Provides Technologist licensure coverage to
conform with regulations by the State of Florida.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.