AdventHealth OR Nursing Assistant Full Time Days North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists with the complete set-up and turnover of cases in each surgical suite as outlined in department policy and procedure.
· Transports patient(s) from unit to O.R. knowledge of universal protocol.
· Transports patient’s bed from unit to O.R. Changes linen on patient’s unit bed when brought to the operating room.
· Assists with patient transfer to and from the operating room table.
· Assists the nursing staff during sterile skin preps.
· Assists in transportation of equipment and supplies in and out of the OR rooms. Checks and cleans assigned equipment, cupboard and carts, ensuring proper handling and storage.
· Assists nursing staff in obtaining supplies, equipment or other items as needed for patient care. Assists staff in any method requested and qualified to perform.
· Maintains cleanliness and orderliness by emptying trash and linen bags, mopping floors, maintaining dry floors, cleaning scrub sinks free of sponges, etc. Checks the soap dispensers for proper functioning and refills as needed.
· Orders OR stock and faxes orders to Materials Management in designated time frame. Restocks as orders arrive.
· Checks and orders Oxygen and CO2 tanks and regulators as assigned.
· Complies with department safety policies and procedures. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintain open communication, and follow up support of patient care activities.
· Accepts accountability for own competence, and patient outcomes.
· Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Basic computer skills
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· One year of surgery experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Basic Life Support-C.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
· Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee Guidelines/Policies
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation.
· Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital’s Institutional Policies and Procedures
· Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents.
· Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospital’s Incident Report Form.
· Assists others in recognizing and reducing risk within the department or other areas of the Hospital.
Environment of Care/Infection Control:
· Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and procedures.
· Wears nametag identification and is aware of role in minimizing Security incidents.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and participates in Fire Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program, participates in Disaster Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program and how to report malfunctioning equipment
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program and the department(s) response to utility failure.
· Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies and procedures.
Participates in the Program for Improving Quality
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement Teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating Council.
Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the Stated Institutional Activities and Expectations
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Maintains satisfactory work attendance
· Promotes evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.