AdventHealth Phlebotomist Laboratory Assistant 7PM-7:30 AM (Tues-Thur) in Tarpon Springs, Florida
AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
7PM-7:30 W/Rotating Weekend
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs venipuncture according to SOP and with minimum trauma to patients.
· Greets patients using the AIDET model and labels specimens with 2 primary identifiers.
· Receives and accessions samples into the lab computer system and distributes samples to proper departments.
· Processes and prepares samples for testing for send-outs as well as in-house testing.
· Assists techs with minor pre-analytic duties as time permits.
· Prints collection summary reports to resolve problems concerning pending orders.
· Ensures proper and timely collection of requested labs including stats and timed collections.
· Distributes 24 hour urine containers with required preservative and instruction labels.
· Follows Infection Control policies for isolation patients and wears PPE appropriate for duties.
· Performs EKGs when required as part of the duties on the Outpatient Care Center.
· Registers Outpatients, Outreach and Contract patients in the LIS.
· Performs deletion of tests and crediting of test charges.
· Performs order entry of requested procedures in the LIS.
· Inventories, orders and maintains proper level of phlebotomy and office supplies.
· Handles telephone calls in a courteous manner accepting and transferring callers to proper areas.
· Faxes test results to physicians, nursing and other authorized agencies as required.
· Educates customers on special collection techniques.
· Serves as liaison between the laboratory and other hospital departments.
· Trains new staff on procedures involved with all job duties.
What You Will Need:
General knowledge of pre-analytic laboratory testing functions.
General knowledge of phlebotomy equipment and use.
Critical thinking skills.
Computer skills associated with laboratory information systems.
Proficient in verbal and written communication skills in English.
Must be detail oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
High School diploma or GED.
Completion of an accredited phlebotomy training program with certificate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
One year experience as a Phlebotomist
Experience working in a Hospital based laboratory
Collects blood samples through the use of standard venipuncture techniques and prepares these samples for laboratory testing. Performs clerical and receptionist functions in the specimen processing area of the laboratory.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.