AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Administrative Nursing Supervisor PRN Nights - North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Administrative Nursing Supervisor PRN Nights AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- PRN/ Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews staffing and census of all nursing units to determine if staffing is consistent with the budget and patient needs. Adjusts staff as possible.
- Facilitates patient admissions and patient flow.
- Makes frequent rounds throughout hospital to assess and resolve issues and incidents
- Available for consultation to the staff as needed.
- Promotes good interpersonal relations between all departments.
- Assist staff in obtaining equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention for all hospital departments.
- Responds to and leads all code events.
- Assists in handling emergency surgery by contacting Surgical Services and Cardiac Cath Lab staff on call.
- Communicates shift occurrences through the daily Administrative Supervisor record.
- Assures documentation of incidents into Risk Master.
- Assists staff in end-of-life situations.
- Serves as mentor to Departmental Shift Supervisors and Charge Nurses by providing guidance in problem-solving, crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
- Provides on-going and current evaluation of Patient and Customer experience.
- In absence of Department Director, counsels and disciplines employees.
What You Will Need:
- Thorough understanding of hospital policies, procedures and legal aspects of acute care nursing
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Three years’ experience in acute patient care
- Registered Nurse with licensure in the State of Florida
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- CPI certification within one (1) year of employment
- In collaboration with Senior Administrators and Hospital Directors, coordinates all hospital activities. Working with Nursing Department Directors, coordinates daily staffing needs. Supports Nursing Department Directors in planning for future staffing needs. Facilitates direct admissions and those from the Emergency Department. Assures communication to staff, Department Directors and Administrator-on-Call. Investigates and resolves, as possible, incidents and issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.