AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Infusion/ PICC - PRN Days - North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Registered Nurse Infusion/ PICC PRN Days AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- · Great Culture
- · Top Quality outcomes
- · Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- · Leadership is accessible
- · Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- PRN/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- The professional Registered Nurse demonstrates autonomy by making sound judgements and critical decisions in clinical practice and determines for self and staff growth and development needs.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs.
- The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient.
- Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
· Basic computer skills
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Previous Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record
· Previous EKG Interpretation Class
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· ADN, diploma
· Graduate of a school of nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN and/or MSN
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Experience in a specialty area(s)
· 2-4 years relevant clinical nurse experience preferred
· Med/Surg, PCU, ACLS, PALS, as defined by unit competencies
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire.
- Current ACLS within 90 days of hire.
Directs/manages and provides care for a set number of patients utilizing the nursing process, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Health care needs are identified with the patient and family: formulates plan, sets goals for care, and educates patient and family. Evaluates patient outcomes in response to the plan and revises as patient needs/responses requires. Provides leadership and direction when working with a group of care-givers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.