AdventHealth Registered Nurse Quality Improvement Part Time Days North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Registered Nurse Quality Improvement AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs internal EHR chart audits and
inspectionsto ensure compliance with organization practices and procedures, State and Federal regulations and nursing practice standards.
- Rounds on nursing units to ensure compliance, speak with patients, nurses, and providers as needed. Participates in Multi-Disciplinary Rounds
- Locate and enter data required for performance improvement opportunities
- Becomes an expert in core measures, Joint Commission standards, CMS Patient Safety Indicators, Get with the Guidelines and other regulatory reporting metrics. Monitors and audits evidence of compliance via chart audit and other means.
- Develops and implements educational information, materials and programs related to these metrics. Works with nursing and other staff to correct charting and practice around these standards.
- Must be proficient in using Excel spreadsheets and basic creation of charts and graphs to communicate findings.
- Able to articulate the patient safety and performance improvement methods and standards applied at AH North Pinellas.
- Able to lead performance improvement projects with clinical staff.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in nursing and other health care support staff.
- Submits electronic Quality data quarterly and chart abstracted measures
- Uses previous experience as a nurse to promote best practice for meeting these regulatory standards.
- Cross trains to provide basic support to Employee Health Nurse to assist in facility activities such as a flu shot campaigns, FIT testing, TB testing and other responsibilities as requested.
- Must maintain Florida Nursing License.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Microsoft Office product: Word, Excel & Power Point including basic chart and graph creation
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in creating education and educating clinical staff
- Cerner, EPIC or other EHR experience
- Be detail oriented and precise in your work.
- BSN or higher
- Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital setting
- Florida licensed registered nurse
- The Quality Nurse serves as a member of the quality team and provides support to the hospital staff and Medical Staff by assisting with quality assurance, quality enhancement and regulatory compliance. The position is responsible for assessing and improving different aspects of nursing services including evaluation, training, compliance and risk management. The position supports the daily activities needed to comply with regulatory requirements for conducting reviews and reporting quality metrics to support adherence to all regulatory standards applicable to AHNP.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.