AdventHealth Registered Nurse Wound Ostomy PRN Days New Port Richey (outpatient) in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Registered Nurse Wound Ostomy Full Time Days AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 5140 Deer Park Drive, Suite 105 New Port Richey, Fl 34653
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
- PRN/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of wound care medications.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing practice
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into practice
- Acts as a patient advocate
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of experience
- Integrates population specific standards when planning care
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains all certifications, attends 75% of department staff meeting, acts as designated preceptor for new hires re: to wound/ostomy care, chairs wound resource nurse program, member of professional nursing organization, attends hospital wide committees, member of shared governance council.
- Works under the direction of the Wound Care Institute Director and Clinical Nurse Manager to provide care, works collaboratively to accomplish the goals of quality care.
- Works with the entire team to facilitate and maintain lines of communication.
- Works with front desk personnel to coordinate appointments with ancillary departments when therapy or procedures are ordered ensuring that needs are met for the patient in all areas.
- Provides the Clinical Nurse Manager with patient information required to facilitate care on a day to day basis.
What You Will Need:
- One-year experience in a Wound Treatment Center.
- Strong team building skills
- Current Florida RN License
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- One or more years of nursing practice experience.
- One year of practice in which leadership and teaching competence has been demonstrated
- The Wound Care RN serves as a care consultant and provider for patients with complex wound care needs and ostomy management. Accountable for collaborating with the health care team to define and communicate the expected patterns of care for this patient population. Provides leadership for education and research programs to support the advancement of wound and ostomy care and improvement of patient outcomes through implementation of evidenced based practice. Serves as a resource, leader, and role model for wound and ostomy care and functions as a liaison with the community, other health care professionals, and other disciplines regarding areas of wound and ostomy care.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth North Pinellas
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.