AdventHealth RN Seasonal MedSurg Ortho Nights $50/hr in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- The professional Registered Nurse demonstrates autonomy by making sound judgements and critical decisions in clinical practice and determines for self and staff growth and development needs.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs.
- The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- ADN, diploma
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire.
- Current ACLS within 90 days of hire.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
Directs/manages and provides care for a set number of patients utilizing the nursing process, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Health care needs are identified with the patient and family: formulates plan, sets goals for care, and educates patient and family. Evaluates patient outcomes in response to the plan and revises as patient needs/responses requires. Provides leadership and direction when working with a group of care-givers. Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.