AdventHealth RN Team Leader Operating Room Full Time Mid Shift (11a-7p) in Tarpon Springs, Florida
RN Team Lead Operating Room AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time, Mid Shift. Five 8-hour shifts. 11:00 am – 7:00 pm. No call required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assigns appropriate care delivery responsibility to caregivers based on staff skills and patient needs.
- Provides and directs nursing care for assigned patients.
- Assists manager in developing the unit schedule. Anticipates staffing needs for the next shift. Reviews 24-hour staffing coverage in collaboration with the manager and/or the shift director. Approves staff schedule change and PDO/vacation requests.
- Actively participates in unit communication process. Disseminates clinical and administrative information to appropriate staff, as delegated, and provides feedback to the manager.
- Supervises work performed by team members on assigned shift. Participates in staff counseling. Coaches the team by guiding, directing and motivating. Mediate conflict resolution. Assists the manager in conducting team-focused performance evaluations. Assists with implementing and reaching goals and monitors for desired outcomes.
- Collaborates with the manager to maintain competency of staff through proper orientation, skill validation and education.
- Consults with patient center clinical leader to assess care team members’ learning needs. Promotes educational needs and competency of staff through proper orientation, skill validation and education.
- Collaborates with clinical leader/case manager/physicians regarding patient care plan and case management assistance as appropriate.
- Participates in hospital/network QA and CQI efforts, hospital committees as assigned and peer auditing.
- Assesses, plans and implements appropriate patient care protocol/procedures relating to the physical and psychological needs of patients in assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of unit/department equipment and supplies required for the care of patients. Follows established procedures for documenting and forwarding accurate account of all supplies used in the care of each patient.
- Complies with department safety policies and procedures. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
- Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintaining open communication and follow up/support of patient care activities.
- Assists manager by implementing action plans to address variance for operating within the flex budget (staffing, supplies and capital.
- Acts as resource person to all personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Five years of experience as a Registered Nurse in Surgery
- ADN, Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Current Basic Life Support
- CNOR Preferred
Directs/manages and provides care and safety of the patient while in the Operating Room utilizing the nursing process, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. The dimensions of practice range from preoperative assessment to intraoperative intervention on to postoperative evaluation. Provides leadership and direction when working with a group of care-givers. Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and courteous manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth North Pinellas
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.