AdventHealth Surgical Scheduler Part Time Days North Pinellas in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Schedules surgeries with physicians and physician office staff by phone and fax method. Maintains and records usage of surgeon block time.
· Prepares the advance surgical schedule. Scrutinizes the tentative schedules and contacts Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Admissions, surgeons, etc. and reviews other information that affects administration of schedule.
· Appropriately consults with Nurse Manager, Lead RN, Charge Nurse, and anesthesia staff regarding schedule conflicts, concerns or requests that fall outside of established policy. Seeks input from Team Leaders regarding scheduling constraints and preferences of equipment, instruments and implants, etc. Flags all special needs.
· Calls designated departments with information for add-on cases if patients are not yet admitted to the hospital. Prepares and sends reservations for each case scheduled to designated departments within established timeframes.
· Consistently maintains and improves skills such as telephone etiquette, typing accuracy/speed, and communications.
· Responds to multiple inquiries from telephone, intercom and direct communication regarding scheduling of surgery and the main operating room suite. Occasionally communicates with the patients and/or patient’s families by phone.
· Determines the case time and balances the surgical schedule as to times anesthesia and rooms are available. Generates user-defined reports daily for effective management of tool conflicts.
· Maintains surgeons’ credentials file.
· Maintain profession, open and timely communication with case management to ensure all authorizations obtained.
· Fulfills Unit Secretary role at front desk in Main OR.
· Assists with orientation of staff members as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Internet skills.
2. Ability to deal effectively with the public.
3. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
4. Ability to work and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays etc.
5. Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 5 years’ experience preferred
· Proficiency in computer usage, medical terminology, basic anatomy and surgical procedure knowledge
· College courses in accounting, computer operations, and communications are helpful
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
· Demonstrated customer service and telephone skills
· Previous experience in a medical setting, i.e. physician office, hospital, etc.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
· Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee Guidelines/Policies
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation.
· Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital’s Institutional Policies and Procedures
· Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.