AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Vascular Surgery at Waterman
Full Time opportunity for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• First Assisting Vascular Surgeon in operating room, including suturing, drain placement, etc according to privileges
• Performing hospital rounding, physical examinations of Peripheral and Vascular Surgery patients in the inpatient setting including, but not limited to: new patient consults, pre and post-operative visits, follow up visits – could evolve to an outpatient setting as well
• Procedures expected to perform: THDC removal, drain removals, and stitch removals
• Patient Education on the following conditions but not limited to: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, Carotid Artery Disease, Endovascular Surgery, Open Surgery etc, venous insufficiency and associated procedures.
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log
• Enables continuity of care by managing patient care in the inpatient setting
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education. In inpatient and outpatient settings.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Willingness to learn
• Able to stand/ be on feet for extended periods of time.
• Campuses Covered: AdventHealth Waterman
• Schedule: Monday – Friday
• Call schedule: 1-2 nights a week and one/two weekends a month; includes rounding and overnight coverage.
• Holiday call rotation
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant studies (PA-C)
• Vascular experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license/ PA license
• Certification through the ANCC, AANP (or equivalent certification body) or NCCPA
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Waterman (formerly Florida Hospital Waterman) is a 300-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,900 employees and over 300 physicians and advanced practice providers on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 14,000 inpatients a year and treats over 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
Beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-waterman)
Lake County, Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: WTRMN51
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: WTRMN51
Job Family: Physician Services