AdventHealth Cancer Registry Coordinator/CTR Remote or $3000 Relocation Bonus in Tavares, Florida
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Participates in an environment which ensures quality work, group morale and is conducive to keeping effective lines of communication.
- Capable of handling various aspects of the job simultaneously while maintaining a calm outward appearance.
- Possesses/demonstrates knowledge of emergency codes, location of emergency equipment and method of activation.
- Coordinates the activities and monitors compliance for reporting cancer-related data to the National Cancer Database (NCDB) and Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS).
- Abstraction and submission of cancer cases according to American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and FCDS requirements.
- Performs appropriate research and provides accurate statistical data response to Cancer Registry inquiries.
- Coordinate activities related to Cancer Conference, including, but not limited to, publishing meeting calendar, agenda and conference room preparation, gathering case presentation data, forwarding case data requests to Diagnostic Services and Pathology, physician attendance and multidisciplinary representation tracking, prospective case presentation and meeting minutes.
- Performs monthly case finding to ensure all reportable cases are identified.
- Conducts monthly follow-up and updates all current follow-up information on all eligible analytic cases in the Cancer Registry database, including treatment data, recurrence information, physicians and date of last contact.
- Coordinates activities related to FHW Cancer Committee.
- Fluent in the English language
- Medical Terminology
- Experience/knowledge of computer use, including MS-Office Suite
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to interpret and provide limited statistical reviews of cancer registry data
- Able to work in a self-directed environment, with an ability to work with teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in hospital or centralized cancer registry.
- NCRA-Accredited Associate Degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
The Cancer Registry Coordinator coordinates and monitors all Cancer Registry functions, including case-finding, case abstracting, follow-up, data entry, state and all other required data reporting, quality control and cancer conferences (tumor board). The Coordinator plays an integral role in American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer survey activities. The Coordinator supervises registry personnel for accuracy and adherence to production deadlines as required by state and cancer program accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.