All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
1000 WATERMAN WAY, Tavares, 32778
The role you’ll contribute:
The Cardiovascular Intern is a CVT student in the second year of CVT education. The Intern assists the staff in the technical performance of various cardiovascular and interventional radiology procedures. Assists physicians with procedures. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Performs additional duties as requested. Participates in the AH performance Improvement program. The duration of the internship is until graduation and successfully passing the RCIS Certification exam within 90 days. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
May use the title “CVT Intern” until 90 days after graduation from program and successfully passing the RCIS Certification exam. The employee has 90 days after graduation from program to pass the RCIS Certification exam. The employee may remain as an intern only if a position is available and the employee has satisfactory performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies
· Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and evaluates effectiveness of interventions according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Invasive Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput
· Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the invasive procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents
· Performs effectively in the scrubbing and monitoring roles required in a invasive cardiac catheterization laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice.
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of the hospital non-waived Point of Care training
· Participates in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost-effective, quality-focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department
· Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications - External
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Entered the final semester of CVT education with documented skills from the school. Proof of satisfactory completion of first three semester courses and skills and continued enrollment in accredited educational program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24003231
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Waterman
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $20.05 - $30.08
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 24003231
Job Family: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Shift: 1 - Day