AdventHealth Cook Full Time in Tavares, Florida
* Cook Full Time* * AdventHealth Waterman*
* Location Address:* 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman*
- Other Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Prepares patient and retail menu items on production sheets, in accordance with forecasted and/or tallied quantities, following established recipes at all times.
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality.
- Operates and cleans equipment per department procedures after each use
- Maitains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas
- Stores, labels and dates all food items according to policy.
- Recommends to Production Manager proper utilization of leftover food products.
- Prepares menus, as directed from Production Manager, for special events as may be requested by the Client.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Communicates any patient or customer related problems to appropriate personnel.
- Transports grbage, and recyclable materials to assigned areas.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures.
- Follows facility, department, Morrison and Compass safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills as appropriate.
- Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Wears name tag identification.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in health care food service or restaurants in food production.
- Creativity in food preparation and service.
- Basic knowledge of modified diets preferred.
- Flexibility in scheduling of hours.
- May be required to work overtime; weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.