All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Day Shift
Location: AdventHealth Waterman – 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
The role you’ll contribute:
The Director of Nursing is a registered professional nurse with comprehensive responsibility for the
assessment, problem identification, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and coordination
of all processes which impact the quality and quantity of care delivered to the patients of specific age
groups identified by the standards of care.
The Director of Nursing assures evaluation of outcomes that promote high quality practice delivery in assigned patient areas. The Director of Nursing provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice both in the clinical unit and the organization.
The Director of Nursing interacts with staff and contributes to the professional development of the leadership team in her areas of responsibility, leadership peers, and other colleagues.
The Director of Nursing collaborates as needed with all levels of nursing staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders in relation to the delivery of quality care.
The Director of Nursing acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing, other professions, institutions, and organizations, especially related to health and safety.
The Director of Nursing accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients in their assigned areas and participates in planning the success of patient experience and outstanding customer service activities.
The Director of Nursing promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and promotes the
sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes.
The Director of Nursing develops both unit activities that support the elements of extending excellence. Is knowledge of and adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, State Board of Nursing Practice Act, the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies, and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the Director of Nursing actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Is able to articulate clinical knowledge related to the care of assigned patient areas. Provides Possesses the critical thinking skills necessary to address ideas, beliefs, or viewpoints of others and lead others in the appropriate direction. Demonstrates reflective leadership and realizes that leadership begins from within.
· Is able to identify, develop, and mentor others in order for them to meet their fullest potential at the organization. Maintains a high level of professionalism in order to be seen as a role model Demonstrates an organizational knowledge of all regulatory and professional standards that effect the operations of their areas of responsibility.
· Demonstrates the ability to understand and apply financial and human resource concepts of the organization.
· Collaboratively demonstrates leadership skills through timely, appropriate decisions and organizational ability with appropriate priority setting.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
· Minimum two years progressive management experience
· Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041684
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $49.81 - $74.72
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 23041684
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day