AdventHealth Emergency Dept Tech FT Days in Tavares, Florida
Emergency Dept Technician AdventHealth Waterman
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
- Join an organization whose mission is "To Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ"
- Opportunities for career growth within an organization recognized locally and nationally as a healthcare leader
- State of the art growing hospital located on a beautiful lakeside campus only 45 minutes from Orlando
- No state income tax
- Onsite Child Care Center
Full time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs a variety of direct patient care activities, such as drawing blood, performing electrocardiogram (EKG) tests, and assisting with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures
- Performs patient care tasks as assigned by registered nurses, supervisors, and physicians
- Inspects and maintains equipment, instruments, and supplies. Restocks inventory to assist effective and efficient patient care in emergency rooms
- Collects, reports, and documents clinical data, including vital signs, placement of oxygen saturation, cardiac monitoring, and non-invasive blood pressure results
- Assists with transporting patients in and out of emergency rooms
- Helps patients dress, and lifts/positions patients in order to appropriately complete procedure
- Collects laboratory samples and, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Documents all interactions in patient's medical
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of patient-related information
- Ability to understand and process orders from physicians and other personnel
- Ability to maintain records and appropriately document patient data and treatment progress
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Patient Care or Nursing certification required from the respective state board
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Two years of technical experience preffered.
Provides technical assistance and patient care to help meet patient needs in emergency rooms.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.