All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days - 5:30am - 2:30pm
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Waterman – 1000 Waterman Way. Tavares, FL 32778
The role you’ll contribute: The Lead Groundskeeper will perform a wide range of routine landscaping maintenance tasks using hand or power tools and equipment. Duties may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, spraying, fertilizing, digging, raking, and sprinkler installation and maintenance. He/she must be able to work odd hours to complete work. In addition to these duties, the Lead Groundskeeper will assign duties to the grounds maintenance staff, monitor progress, provide assistance when needed, and report progress to Department Director. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Employees of the landscape department are expected to adhere to Departmental Standards and Expectations. The Lead is responsible for enforcing these standards and expectations on their assigned campus.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintains a current performance standard and working knowledge of assigned equipment keeping staff current with changes and upgrades.
· Prioritizes and directs accomplishment of routine and emergency grounds maintenance in a timely manner.
· Monitor staff work assignments and progress, assist when necessary.
· Properly supervises workers assigned to his/her campus.
· Communicate all issues and work progress with department Director on a daily basis
· Keep all equipment in good working order and report any issues to department Director in a timely manner.
· Holds area grounds meetings and daily pre-shift meetings to ensure accurate, clear and pertinent communication.
· Performs other duties as assigned, to include adjusting one’s schedule of work if necessary for the continued safety or convenience of our guests and/or staff.
· Hold self and team accountable to meeting Departmental Expectations and Standards
· Communicate with campus security and Facilities Director any pertinent information that could impact the daily operation
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Advanced knowledge in the field of landscape maintenance.
· Strong understanding of horticultural practices and plant identification.
· Skilled in the use of common landscape equipment such as weed eaters, hedge trimmers, edgers, mowers, etc.
· Ability to lead small teams through projects and the day-to-day operation.
· Self-motivated with good organizational skills
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Class “E” state Driver’s license and driving record in accordance with Hospital policy
· General Groundskeeper Maintenance experience
· Five years Landscaping Maintenance Experience
· Experience in leading small crews on assigned tasks
· Experience in delegating responsibilities amongst team members
· Experience at a Healthcare Facility
· Certificate in training Best Management Practices
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23030353
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.849 - $20.48
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 23030353
Job Family: Facilities
Shift: 1 - Day