AdventHealth Home Health RN Visit Nurse - Part Time - Days in Tavares, Florida
Home Health RN Visit Nurse - Part Time - Days
Location: 100% Travel, Lake County Area
The Home Health RN Visit Nurse is a professional nurse who under the general supervision of the Care Manager, provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients and directs Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides to provide quality care in accordance with physician orders under a plan of care. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates total patient care and coordinates patient/family teaching. Assures compliance with nursing standards, federal, state, and local government regulations, and company clinical policies. Provides goal directed care leading to specific outcomes. May be on call for after-hours work. Coordinates and directs the home care patients care based on individual patient needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients assigned to visit.
· Reports changes in patient condition in a timely manner to the physician and/or RN Care Manager. Obtains orders for changes in the plan of care to respond to the patient's condition.
· Follows orders for treatment and provides services as indicated on the plan of care.
· Utilizes and implements appropriate educational tools and pathways per guidelines and/or policy and procedure
· Takes ownership to optimize agency performance through active involvement in quality improvement activities.
· Utilizes motivational interviewing/health coaching techniques to achieve desired patient outcomes
· Accurately documents and submits timely the assessment, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient's care management and services in accordance with the agency policy and procedure.
· Implements the plan of care through direct patient care and coordination with other disciplines. Provides care based on physicians orders, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory requirements. Provides skilled nursing care, preventative rehabilitative procedures, and prescribed treatments with a variety of patient populations within various potentially complex home situations.
· Demonstrates self-education as evidenced by completion of mandatory annual trainings and continuing educational opportunities. Demonstrates furthering professional growth through sharing knowledge with others.
· Assures that practice reflects current standards and best practice within area of expertise
· Acts independently and responsibly to perform duties on a consistent basis and in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Functions with a high degree of independence
· Ability to delegate tasks to appropriate personnel as indicated by skill level and professional standing
· Strong computer and technology skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Minimum of six-months relevant clinical RN experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Registered Nursing License in State of Practice
· Valid Drivers License and current car insurance
· CPR certified
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.