AdventHealth Licensed Practical Nurse Med Surg Full Time Nights in Tavares, Florida
Licensed Practical Nurse AdventHealth Waterman
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Waterman
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Child Care Center
- Onsite Gym for Team Members
- Awarded Leapfrog Straight A's since 2013.
- Named one of the Top 150 Places to Work, Becker’s Hospital Review
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity, and culture. Provides care according to scope of practice for an LPN. Conducts physician/nurse rounding and data gathering. Addresses all patient issues throughout shift including physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. Participates in education and discharge planning using established education materials.
- Performs and legibly documents basic nursing procedures and medication administration
- Collaborates with RN and makes appropriate nursing decisions and interventions. Interprets diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Recognizes and reports problems.
- Collaborates with other healthcare team members in the clinical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees, identifies and reports environmental concerns to the leadership team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards, AdventHealth policies and standard operating procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking, and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- Articulates comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and specialty nursing theory and practice for all age groups preferred
- Computer knowledge and skills preferred
- Graduate of a school of practical nursing.
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty preferred
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- BLS Certification
- IV Certification
- Specialty Certification preferred
The Licensed Practical Nurse gives direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a professional nurse and performs routine duties in caring for identified age specific groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Approaches patient care using the nursing process of planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes. Adheres to the AdventHealth Waterman Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.