AdventHealth LPN - Wound Care - Part Time - Days in Tavares, Florida
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We donâ€™t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever beforeâ€”physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
Under the supervision of the RN or provider, the LPN performs the primary function of an LPN in providing care of patients in the wound center and in the hospital. Is responsible for meeting established standards of nursing practice in the management of all assigned patients. Assists providers with the development and implementation of wound treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review activities. Acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws and professional and ethical practice.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Escorts patient to examination room, takes vital signs, removes dressings, assesses wound, takes measurements and photos, assists the provider, dresses wound after assessment/treatment.
· Provides patient/family education regarding wound and ostomy care
· Documents assessment and care provided thoroughly and timely
· Maintains clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
· Maintains/assists in management and control of supply inventory
· Coordinates referrals to other specialists for patients to meet wound/ostomy needs
· Develops/maintains directory of community resources
· Obtains diagnostic test results and reports to providers for follow-up. Assists as needed.
· Assists in data collection for quality metrics.
· Contributes to the growth of the center by managing patient flow and adherence to algorithms
· Maintains expertise by completing 8 hours/year in wound/ostomy management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
·Ability to communicate professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling.
·Ability to use electronic documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Current Florida LPN License
· Current Wound Care Certified (WCCÂ®) or obtains within 1 year of hire (with registration within 90 days)
· Current Ostomy Management Specialist (OMS) or obtains within 1 year of hire (with registration within 90 days)
· Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of a practical nursing program
· Previous experience in a wound care center or in a wound care role
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.